CONTRACT PSYCHOLOGIST JOB DESCRIPTION (fee percentage negotiable)
The position requires you to deliver a range of face to face psychological and psychotherapeutic interventions and therapies in private practice, primarily to individuals (adolescents, young adults and adults) and there is the scope for couple, family, child work, group work including workshops & courses. As an experienced psychologist you will comfortable with both working autonomously and as part of a team.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
- Assessing a client's needs, abilities or behaviour using a variety of methods including psychometric tests, interviews and direct observation of behaviour;
- Networking as part of a multidisciplinary team which includes doctors, nurses, social workers, education professionals, health visitors, psychiatrists and occupational therapists as necessary for the benefit of the client and the service;
- Devising and monitoring appropriate treatment programmes, including therapy, counselling or advice, in collaboration with colleagues;
- Offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, addiction, social and interpersonal problems and challenging behaviour;
- Developing and evaluating service provision for clients;
- Providing consultation to other professions, encouraging a psychological approach in their work
- Counselling and supporting carers;
- Obtaining regular clinical supervision as directed by the Psychology Board
- Continuing with Professional Development activities
- Commitment to providing the highest possible standard of service to patients/clients and members of the public, by treating all those with whom he/she comes into contact in the course of work in a pleasant, courteous and respectful manner.
- Understand that this post may evolve over time and that this Job Description will therefore be subject to review in the light of changing circumstances.
- Other duties of a similar nature and appropriate to the role may be assigned from time to time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to problem solve, multi task and time manage and a reflective work ethic and practice style.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team, respecting the diversities of a multi-disciplinary practice.
- A commitment to personal self-care, personal development and self-awareness reflected in a mature, flexible and warm communication style.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Provide psychological services (as above) to individuals aged 10 and over (younger individuals by consultation and assessment by telephone to assess suitability and advise referrals if needed)
Running of groups/workshops e.g. anxiety/depression, mindfulness
Referral of individuals requiring longer term or more intense support
CURRENT WELLNESS CENTRE REGISTERRED PSYCHOLOGIST FEES (subject to change)
Weekdays $130.00 per session
Evenings 5pm onwards and Saturdays $145.00 per session
Health care card concession rate $100 per session
Bulk Billing $84.80 at the discretion of contractor